A new Holiday Survey from Deloitte suggests that 68 percent of smartphone owners and 63 percent of tablet owners will use their devices to shop this holiday season. Many will use their cell phones and tablets in-store to research competitive deals and alternatives.
Here are the AT&T’s Top Six Tips for Mobile Holiday Shopping
1. Use apps like Evernote and One Note to get organized with a list of prioritized discounts you need, and when retailers open.
2. Make a shopping list and save it as your ‘wish list’ on Amazon.com. This will enable you view the price of products using the Amazon smartphone app, and compare. Not everything on sale on Black Friday is priced lower than online.
3. To make sure you know about the best deals being offered by retailers, shoppers should follow their favorite retailers on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter; watch for posts and tweets about deals throughout the day from your smartphone.
4. Check your email on your phone wherever you are throughout the day because retailers may send emails with additional discounts that can be used in the store for more savings.
5. Use your smartphone’s camera to scan barcodes and QR codes, which synchronize with apps like Amazon.com and eBay Red Laser to compare prices.
6. Bookmark websites in your smartphone browser, which already have started posting Black Friday ads, including BFAds.net, BlackFriday.com, Brad’s Black Friday, dealnews.com, and TheBlackFriday.com, and be sure to check them throughout the day
Katelyn O’Riordan for AT&T