Shown below is a quick look at this week’s unemployment data – initial claims filed as compared to the same week last year.
Statewide initial unemployment claims decreased by 8.4%, with this week’s total filings of 2,020 and filings during the same week in 2009 of 2,205.
Comparing 2010 to 2009 for the counties:
- Oahu had 21 more claims filed
- Hawaii had 13 fewer claims filed
- Maui had 199 fewer claims filed
- Kauai had 5 fewer claims filed
In percentage changes, comparing the current week to the same week a year ago:
- Oahu had a 2.0% increase
- Hawaii had a 3.2% decrease
- Maui had a 39.5% decrease
- Kauai had a 2.7% decrease