Congressional candidates Tulsi Gabbard and Esther Ki’iana, both Democrats competing for the open Congressional District 2 seat, are taking advantage of the county’s early voting opportunity on Tuesday.
Yesterday, U.S. Senate Candidate Ed Case and family cast their votes at Honolulu Hale. Case, a former Congressman, is vying against Congresswoman Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, for the open U.S. Senate seat.
Former Gov. Linda Lingle, a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, also cast her early vote.
Her campaign manager, Bob Lee, said: “Voting by absentee ballot is an easy way to make sure your vote will count in case you can’t make it to the polls on Primary Election Day, Saturday, August 11th.”
Lee points out any registered voter can vote early in the Primary by doing either of the following:
1. Download this Absentee Ballot Application form to request an Absentee Voter Ballot and send it completed to your City and County Clerk, as listed on the form. Your Application for Absentee Voter Ballot must be received by the City/County Clerk where you reside no later than August 4, 2012, 4:30 P.M. When you receive your ballot in the mail, simply vote and return it by mail. Your Absentee Ballot must be received by the clerk issuing the ballots no later than the close of polls on August 11.
2. Vote in person by early walk-in voting between July 30th and August 9th. You can find your early walk-in voting location details here.
According to the Office of Elections, the public can vote at Honolulu Hale Courtyard, Kapolei Hale and the Pali Golf Course Banquet Hall between 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
(See more information about voting locations and hours here www.hawaii.gov/elections/)
More on the web:
For additional information, please contact the following county clerks:
- City and County of Honolulu 530 South King Street, Rm. 100 Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 Phone: 768-3800
- County of Maui 200 South High Street, Rm. 708 Wailuku, Hawaii 96793 Phone: 270-7749
- County of Kauai 4386 Rice Street, Rm. 101 Lihue, Hawaii 96766 Phone: 241-4800
- County of Hawaii 25 Aupuni Street, Rm. 1502 Hilo, Hawaii 96720 Phone: 961-8277