REPORT FROM SBA – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has extended the deadline for nominations for the prestigious Small Business Awards in the Hawaii District until December, 10, 2012. Since 1963, these awards, presented during National Small Business Week, have recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. In 2013, the 50th year celebration will again honor the nation’s 27 million small businesses.
The 2013 SBA Small Business Award categories for the Hawaii District Office include:
- SBA’s Small Business Person of the Year
- Entrepreneurial Success Award
- Family-Owned Business of the Year
- Small Business Exporter
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Minority Small Business Champion Advocacy Award
- Women in Business Champion Advocacy Award
- Veteran Small Business Champion Advocacy Award
- Financial Services Champion Advocacy Award
- Home-Based Business Champion Advocacy Award
The specific criteria for each of the award categories are outlined on the Hawaii forms available through the SBA District Office or the website of Hawaii Small Business Development Center,http://www.hisbdc.org.
The winner of the State of Hawaii Small Business Person of the Year Award will be invited toWashington, D.C., to compete for national titles and to attend National Small Business Week events in 2013.
For consideration in the County and State awards, the nominations must be submitted by December 10, 2012. The completed nominations should be sent directly to the SBA Hawaii District Office, 500 Ala Moana, Suite 1-306, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813. Call (808) 541-2990 for more information.