Hawaii Unemployment for Week of July 14, 2012
The weekly unemployment statistics update is now on the DBEDT Internet site at:
Shown below is a table containing this week's unemployment data – initial claims filed as compared to the same week last year.
"Initial claims" initiate a determination of eligibility to begin a claimant's benefit year (new claims) or subsequent period of unemployment (additional claims) within the benefit year.
* Agent claims are filed in Hawaii against another state.
Statewide initial unemployment claims decreased by 6.1%, with this week’s total filings of 1,965 and filings during the same week in 2011 of 2,092.
Comparing 2012 to 2011 for the counties:
· Oahu had 64 fewer claims filed
· Hawaii had 3 fewer claims filed
· Maui had 8 fewer claims filed
· Kauai had 48 fewer claims filed
· Agent had 4 fewer claims filed
In percentage changes, comparing the current week to the same week a year ago:
· Oahu had a 5.3% decrease
· Hawaii had a 0.8% decrease
· Maui had a 3.2% decrease
· Kauai had a 29.4% decrease
· Agent had a 5.4% decrease
Short URL: http://www.hawaiireporter.com/?p=52382