Hawaiian Turfgrass, O’ahu’s premier producer of certified, low water use sod, recently earned its landscape contractor license. The company now grows and sells sod, and can install grass and sprinkler systems here in Hawaii.
January 29, 2014, Mililani, Hawaii: Hawaiian Turfgrass, O’ahu’s premier producer of certified, low water use grass for use on home lawns, resorts, sports fields and golf courses, recently earned its landscape contractor license. The company now grows and sells sod, and can install grass and sprinkler systems here in Hawaii.
Under LICENSE # C-32884, Hawaiian Turfgrass owner Sean Aukanaii Fong, a graduate of University of Hawaii at Manoa with a degree in Tropical Plant and Soil Science, shares his passion for the Hawaiian landscape with his clients by creating beautiful, sustainable lawns and outdoor spaces. By earning this license, Hawaiian Turfgrass is now a full-service landscape firm. The company grows its own certified sod on a farm in Mililani, prepares the site for the grass, installs irrigation and lays the turf at the customer’s site.
Hawaiian Turfgrass is well known on O’ahu for bringing innovative, low maintenance grasses that require fewer inputs and less fertilizer to the Islands. Those certified, proprietary turfgrasses include:
• TifGrand Bermudagrass: a shade tolerant, fine-textured bermudagrass that thrives in partial shade
• JaMur Zoysia: a medium-textured zoysia variety that is highly durable, drought tolerant and ideally suited for home lawns
• Zeon Zoysia: a fine-textured, versatile grass that is drought tolerant, requires less fertilizer, creates a beautiful lawn, and has been described as having the ‘Wow Factor’ on lawns, golf courses and sports fields
• L1F Zoysia: an extremely fine-texture zoysia with low inputs that is suited for golf courses
• Captiva: a medium-bladed St. Augustine grass the resists some insects and requires less mowing
About Hawaiian Turfgrass
Based in Mililani on the island of O’ahu, Hawaiian Turfgrass is a locally owned sod farm dedicated to bringing the highest quality, certified and scientifically researched turfgrasses to the Islands of Hawaii for use on home lawns, resort landscapes, roadways, golf courses and sports fields. Hawaiian Turfgrass is a licensed landscape contractor with the expertise to install grass and sprinkler systems. 808-371-0527 or visit www.hawaiianturfgrass.com or like us on Facebook