HONOLULU, HAWAII – Young’s Market Company of Hawaii is pleased to announce its Fine Wines and Spirited Events of May 2012. To follow is an overview of must-experience YMCOH events with brief, pertinent details for each occasion. Follow YMCOH at @youngsmarkethi and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pages/Youngs-Market-Company-of-Hawaii/103024279794205 for additional information. Be in the mix, mixology that is and mark your calendars for the following fabulous fine wines and spirits events:
Thursday, May 10 – MXLGY.com “Triple Shot”
- The Manifest 32 N Hotel St Honolulu, HI 96813
- VIP Private Tasting 7pm-10pm, Public Party & Cash Bar 10p-2a
- Maria Burke (St Germain/Imbibe Hawaii), Justin Park (The Manifest) and Danny Bonifacio (V Lounge) will each create three one-of-a-kind cocktails featuring Tito’s Handmade Vodka, St Germain elderflower liqueur, and Peligroso Tequila. Each cocktail is crafted for this night and may never be made again! The third event of its kind, the MXLGY Triple Shot events have quickly become an industry event that’s been catching major buzz in the Instagram and social media worlds!
Tuesday, May 15 – Burgundy Wine Dinner Hosted by Young’s Market Company of Hawaii Master Sommelier Patrick Okubo
- Tango Contemporary Café 1288 Ala Moana Blvd Honolulu HI 96814
- $65 per person, four courses, five wine selections
- Reservations required: (808) 593-7288
- Join Master Sommelier Patrick Okubo in a very intimate setting at Tango Contemporary Café featuring wines from the Burgundy region.
Tuesday, May 15 – Kym Tolley Winemaker from Penley Estate Australia to Host Special Pairing Dinner
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort & Spa – Ho`onanea Room
- Reception 6:00pm, Winemaker Dinner at 6:30pm
- Executive Chef de Cuisine, Sven Ullrich to masterfully present a five-course menu
- $115 per person
- Reservations required at (808) 237-6151
Wednesday, May 16 – SWAM Wine Presents the ‘EAT n Private’ Chilean Wine Dinner
- EAT Private Room at Gentry Pacific Design Center 560 Nimitz Hwy Suite #102 Honolulu HI 96822
- $65 per person (all inclusive food, wine, tax, tip)
- Reservations required: (808) 487-7926
- A five-course dinner with passed appetizer reception and special guest speaker Master Sommelier Patrick Okubo to present wines from Chile
Wednesday, May 16 – Grey Goose Cherry Noir Launch Party and Cocktail Competition
- Pearl Ultralounge
- 6:00pm to 9:00pm
- Kicking off the first new flavor in five years, Bacardi USA is hosting a VIP/Invitation only event at Pearl Ultralounge featuring the best of the best bartenders in the city and some of the most interested professionals from the stores to compete for the best cocktail recipe featuring the new Grey Goose Cherry Noir.
- Media interested in attending please contact Christa Wittmier NLT by Monday May 14th: Cwittmie@YoungsMarket.com
Tuesday, May 22 – Fujioka’s Wine Times Wine Dinner at SALT Kitchen & Tasting Bar
- SALT Kitchen & Tasting Bar 3605 Waialae Avenue Honolulu HI 96816
- $120 per person
- Reservations required: (808) 744-7567
- A five-course dinner featuring wines from Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia
Wednesday, May 23 – The Hawaii Restaurant Association’ s 5th Annual Golf Tournament
- Hawaii Prince Golf Club
- Registration: 9:30-11:30AM, Shotgun Start: 11:30AM, Dinner: 5:00PM
- Team (4 players) $500, Individual $150
- The Hawaii Restaurant Association’ s 5th Annual Golf Tournament with many of the Food & Beverage favorites participating, including Young’s Market Company of Hawaii with its famed Grey Goose golf cart sampling the new flavor Cherry Noir and more.
Saturday, May 26 – Sushi & Sake Pairing at Japengo hosted by Mizbasho Sake Maker, Mr. Shoichi Nagai
- Japengo at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa 2424 Kalakaua Ave Honolulu, HI 96815
- $60 per person
- Two Seatings: 6:30pm, 8:30pm
- Reservations Required: (808) 923-1234
- Executive Chef Sven Ullrich and Young’s Market Company of Hawaii invite the public to the launch of a new pairing series at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa. Sake and Sushi Saturday at Japengo on Saturday, May 26 features four premier Mizbasho sakes paired with extraordinary Japengo sushi. Award winning Mizbasho sake is one of the most popular tastes in the world. In 2009, Nagai Sake Inc. (Gunma, Japan) released a sparkling sake that has created a tremendous buzz in the sake world in Japan. Their MIZBASHO Sparkling Sake “PURE” and “NIGORI” is the only sparkling sake sold which is produced following the strict standards of the French Champagne Method.
Select interviews and images available upon request. Media attendance to events, with confirmed assignment are welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com for more information and reservations.
About Young’s Market Sr. Director of Special Events & Promotions – Christa Wittmier
Christa Wittmier, also known as “Supercw” is author and publisher of Honolulu’s Nightlife Diaries http://www.supercw.com/blog/ an award winning nightlife pictorial archiving Honolulu’s scene since 2004. She has been identified as a “Key Influencer” from national companies such as Media Temple and Red Bull. Her nightlife column “Social Lite” can be found every week in the Honolulu Weekly. Christa is known for offering a straight forward point of view and has never been interested in monetizing any of her social networks or blog. By day, Christa works as Sr. Director of Special Events & Promotions for Young’s Market Company of Hawaii, handling the activation and logistics for over 200 brands of fine wine, spirits, sake and non-alcohol products.
About Young’s Market Company of Hawaii
Young’s Market Company of Hawaii is a leading wine, spirits, and selected beverages wholesale distributor in Hawaii, operating six facilities throughout the state with a workforce of over 160 employees. The company represents a portfolio of over 250 suppliers and 1,500 brands in Hawaii. Young’s Market Company, LLC, is headquartered in California with distributorships in Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Washington, Montana, and Alaska. In 1968, Young’s Market Company, LLC., acquired two established wholesale firms; Better Brands, Ltd., and Cereal & Fruit Products. The main office was located in Kalihi and became the dominant wholesaler on the islands of Oahu, Maui, Hawaii and Kauai. In 1986, the Company moved its office to its current location in the Waipio Industrial park to support its growth. Young’s Market Company of Hawaii has received recognition as one of Hawaii’s top 250 companies and continues as a business and community partner.