Shown is a quick look at this week’s unemployment data – initial claims filed as compared to the same week last year.
Statewide initial unemployment claims decreased by 22.7%, with this week’s total filings of 2,119 and filings during the same week in 2009 of 2,743.
Comparing 2010 to 2009 for the counties:
- Oahu had 164 fewer claims filed
- Hawaii had 154 fewer claims filed
- Maui had 263 fewer claims filed
- Kauai had 55 fewer claims filed
In percentage changes, comparing the current week to the same week a year ago:
- Oahu had a 11.7% decrease
- Hawaii had a 31.4% decrease
- Maui had a 44.9% decrease
- Kauai had a 26.8% decrease