REPORT FROM THE CITY & COUNTY OF HONOLULU — City government offices will be closed Tuesday, January 1, 2012, in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be provided.
- Handi-Van service will operate on its weekend schedule.
- City buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. For information visit www.thebus.org
- or call 848-5555.
- The Neal Blaisdell box office will be open for the “Wicked” performance.
- The Ala Wai, Ted Makalena, and Ewa Villages golf courses will be open on New Years Day from 7 – 11 a.m. for 18-hole play and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. for 9-hole play. Kahuku Golf Course will be open from 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Pali and West Loch golf courses will be closed.
- The People’s Open Markets will be closed.
- Refuse will NOT be collected and transfer stations, convenience centers and the landfill will be closed. (Residents with once-a-week refuse pickup on this holiday are asked to leave their gray carts curbside until serviced, usually within two business days.)
- All satellite city halls and driver licensing offices will be closed.
- The Botanical gardens will be closed.
- Honolulu Zoo will be closed.
These traffic and parking regulations will be in effect.
On-street parking will be free, except for the meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.
Parking will be permitted in tow-away zones where it is allowed on state holidays.