Each year, the Hawaii Red Cross celebrates and honors local citizens who exemplify the spirit of humanitarianism in line with the Red Cross mission of preventing and alleviating human suffering by coming to the aid of disaster victims, helping to save lives, and assisting military service members and their families.
The Hawaii Red Cross needs your help identifying local heroes! If you know a person or group that fits into one of the five Red Cross Hero categories below, submit a nomination form to honor their actions! (Note: act or activity must have taken place after July 1, 2013)
· Lifesaver Hero – a person who saves or attempts to save the life of another
· Military Hero – an individual, family, group, or service member who makes a difference by assisting a military service member(s) or their families.
· In the Line of Duty Hero – a person who goes above and beyond their job duty to rescue another (e.g. firefighter, police officer, lifeguard, emergency responder).
· Youth Hero – an individual or group who supports the mission of the Red Cross
· Animal Hero – an animal who performs a caring or heroic act
Deadline for nomination submissions are on December 1, 2014. Once all nominations are in, the Hawaii Red Cross Heroes Selection Committee will select a winner for each category to be recognized at an annual breakfast event. To nominate someone go to: redcross.org/hawaii.
The Red Cross is a non-profit humanitarian organization which provides assistance to meet the immediate emergency needs of those affected by disasters. All Red Cross assistance to disaster victims is free. The Red Cross is not a government agency; it depends on public contributions to help others. Your gift supports the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross in your community, across the country and around the world. To send a contribution, mail your check to American Red Cross, 4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816 or make a secure online donation at redcross.org/hawaii or call (808) 739-8109.