BY TED HONG – The Senate hearings involving University of Hawaii Regents, administration and politicians for the past two weeks have revealed stunning revelations. There is enough blame, overreaching and grandstanding to go around and all of them should be ashamed. Both hearings have proven to be unproductive, won’t resolve anything and motivated by the desire to humiliate people.
- From the humblest of backgrounds, my father rose to the position of Attorney General for the State of Hawaii and retired as the Administrative Judge for the District Court, First Circuit, State of Hawaii.
- My mother retired as a well respected elementary school teacher, making a profound difference in the lives of her students.
- My sister is recognized as one of the State’s top environmental lawyers.
- My brother retired from Hawaii Air National Guard, flying the F-15 Eagle, gained the reputation of being a fierce fighter pilot and now flies for Hawaiian.
- My wife is recognized for her work in the field of assisting victims of sexual abuse and helping foster families.