Former Gov. Ben Cayetano will keynote the Smart Business Hawaii annual investment conference on Wednesday, January 9, at the Ala Moana Hotel, where he will discuss what impact Sen. Daniel Inouye’s death will have on Hawaii’s economy and politics.
Other speakers include
- FBI Special Agent Tom Simon who will talk about protecting your business from embezzlement;
- Hawaii Tourism Authority’s Mike McCartney who will explore why the tourism segment of Hawaii is booming;
- Roy Yamaguchi of Roy’s Restaurants who will reveal how he created one of Hawaii’s most popular restaurant chains;
- Kitty Lagareta of Communications Pacific will share her secrets for business and marketing success.
- Sen. Sam Slom will address the upcoming legislature’s impact on business.
- And one of the panelists sure to be most entertaining: Bob Sigall, Author of “The Companies We Keep” will present the best of Hawaii’s business stories.
The Conference will be held in the Ala Moana Hotel, Garden Lanai and Hibiscus Ballroom, from 8 am to 1:30 pm.
The SBH Conference, the first major business event of each New Year, is open to the public. Advance reservations are required. Program, luncheon and parking are included in the $75 ticket price.
The event is sponsored by McDonald’s Restaurants of Hawaii, The SystemCenter, Phoenix Pacific Inc.,Aston Hotels & Resorts, Clear Channel Hawaii,Winners’ Camp and Hawaii Leadership Academy,Scotty Anderson, Up and Running Computers, Valenti Print Group, JS Services, Grassroot Institute of Hawaii, UBS Financial Services, Aloha Petroleum, Kai Vodka, HMAA and Hawaii Reporter.
Sam Slom, SBH President
Outlook for Hawaii’s Visitor Industry-2013″
Mike McCartney, CEO, Hawaii Tourism Authority
“Strategies for Hawaii’s Business Success-2013 ” (Panel)
- Kitty Lagareta, Communications Pacific
- Roy Yamaguchi, Roy’s Restaurants
- Geal Talbert, UBS Financial, Moderator
“Lessons from Hawaii’s Most Successful Companies”
Bob Sigall, Author, “The Companies We Keep”
“The Enemy Within: Protecting Your Business from Embezzlement”
Tom Simon, Special Agent, Honolulu FBI
Luncheon and Program
Hibiscus Ballroom I & II
12:30 KEYNOTE SPEECH
“Politics in the Post-Inouye Era”
Benjamin J. Cayetano, Former Governor, State of Hawaii