Congressman Anthony Weiner can’t seem to explain why a picture of a man’s underwear-clad crotch was sent via his Twitter account to a college student in Seattle last Friday night.
The Washington Post reports that “Weiner initially played down the incident, insisting that his account had been hacked. But by Tuesday, the controversy had blossomed into a national story, and his patience was clearly flagging; he got into a verbal back and forth with two CNN journalists in which he referred to one of them as a “jackass.” Weiner then declared he wouldn’t be saying anything more about the matter.”
So here are the top 10 excuses he could use if asked by reporters again:
10. The Devil made me do it.
9. My Dog ate my password and hacked into my account.
8. Global warming.
7. It’s fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.!
6. It’s George W. Bush’s fault.
5. Damn that Usama bin Laden.
4. Nothing comes between me and my Calvin Kleins.
3. Too much sugar in my diet.
2. Glenn Beck’s at it again.
1. I misunderstood what the House leadership meant about an up or down vote on the Debt Ceiling.