What’s so different about managing your career today?
Then… One or two jobs; one or two companies; one or two minor course corrections; security found without in the organization that employed you. Retired by 60 and dead by 65.
Now… Many jobs; many ways of working beyond the world of jobs. As lifetimes lengthen, outliving your money is a good bet for many. Boomeranging from your old job to another job then back again. Round and round the employment tree we go.
Tomorrow is not only another day; it’s sooner than your most imagined, worst-case scenarios. Full-time, part-time, some-of-the-time; here, there and everywhere; the reinvention of YOU, is a given. You might say, “Help, give me some tips for moving forward.” OK, without delay, here is our list:
10 Tips for Rebooting your Career:
- Following your passion is still a good idea; IF you align your dream with market need,
- Knowing how to work in multiple ways – beyond the world of jobs – is a given,
- Using newest social media and technologies, is not optional. Wave goodbye to the resume,
- Running your career like a business – not like a job – is a must,
- Working – or competing – from here, there and everywhere will be a part of your future,
- Needed skills trump wrong degrees,
- Who you know is not as important as who knows you,
- Your familiar “job” may no longer exist…or your skills may no longer meet new demands,
- Current knowledge trumps lengthy experience,
- Your best investment, now and in the future, is an investment in yourself.
Let Go of the Past. Don’t fly solo, you need a wingman
Get ready for the future. Reach out to a wingman, we are multi-generational coaches. You will benefit from our proven 8-Step process. Let us guide you to what you need to know and do in order to run your career in a time of hyper-shift. We can help you implement a plan that will work for you.