by Susan Yamane
- Your bike can keep staying up right so long as it’s moving at 8 mph.
- The longest bicycle is 117 feet.
- Orville Wright and his brother operated a bike shop before becoming aviators.
- Americans use their bikes around 1% of the time on urban trips whereas in Europe 7 out of 8 Europeans are on bikes.
- In the 1800’s bicycles were promoted as a “horseless carriage”.
- Bicycles did not have cranks until the 1840’s and it was invented by a Scottish designer.
- One of the very first bicycles weighed around 40 pounds.
- Bicycles are a space saver… you can park 15 bicycles in one car parking spot
- On average you can lose 13 pounds a year bicycling… what are you waiting for?
- The more people that ride bicycles the safer the road becomes
(Cities start incorporating bike lanes that create less chaos on the road)
If you ride a bicycle, it’s considered the most efficient machine ever developed!
Photo courtesy of Wikipedia
You must log in to post a comment.