Building on the unprecedented global success of Beyond Van Gogh, which attracted more than 100,000 ticket holders in Honolulu last year, producer Paquin Entertainment Group will open Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience on Wednesday, June 15 at Hawaii Convention Center. The exhibition showcases more than 400 of Claude Monet’s most iconic works of impressionism—including the Water Lilies series, Impression: Sunrise, and Poppies.
Brought to life by Mathieu St-Arnaud, Félix Fradet-Faguy and the creative team at Normal
Studio, Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience is full of infinite potential for wonder and
sheds new light on what the world thought it knew about Monet.
This is the talented team that created Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience, which globally has sold more than 2.5 million tickets. With its stunning set pieces and inspiring musical score, Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience promises to provide an even more satisfying art experience.
“Combining technology with pieces that were crafted to perfection, Beyond Monet: The
Immersive Experience is redefining what art means to people,” says Gilles Paquin, producer
and CEO, Paquin Entertainment Group. “It has elevated artwork to the next level, allowing us to form new relationships with notable masterpieces that were just not possible in previous years.”
Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience gives guests a glimpse into the emotions and
perspectives of the leading figure of Impressionism: Claude Monet. After entering the Garden
Gallery, the Prism transports visitors into the biggest feature area of the exhibit. Taking
inspiration from Musée de l’Orangerie in Paris, the designated home of Monet’s masterpieces,
guests can freely roam the Infinity Room to absorb the artist’s bright and colorful paintings the
way they were intended.
Monet’s stunning imagery encompasses the room’s surfaces, transporting guests inside the paintings themselves. It is a haven for awakening the senses as the ebb and flow of the artwork is accompanied by the rhythm of an original musical score. “Beyond Monet builds on the global success of Beyond Van Gogh, and spans 50,000 square feet with over one million cubic feet of space, making it one of the largest immersive experiences in North America,” says Justin Paquin, producer, Paquin Entertainment Group.
“You truly feel like you are a part of the bright and colorful world of Claude Monet rather than a
• Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience sheds new light on the leading figure of
Impressionism by using cutting-edge projection technology that breathes new life into the
dazzling beauty of Claude Monet’s artwork.
• Different from what would be seen in a museum, Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience
encompasses the artists’ bright and colorful body of work with a refreshing new twist unlike
anything seen before.
• Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience is for everyone—all ages, sexes, physicality’s—
the family-friendly exhibition gives guests the opportunity to live this truly unique and
• Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience starts in the Garden, a Giverny inspired
space with panels of biographical information and explanations of the major elements
of his work before guests enter the immersive portion of the experience
• As guests enter into the second room, the Infinity room, the space transports them into
Monet’s work, becoming one with his bright and colorful canvasses.
• The exhibit’s rooms were inspired by the floor plan at the Musée de l’Orangerie in Paris,
which was specifically designed for Monet.
• As the paintings ebb and flow into each other, guests will be engulfed in a three- dimensional
experience—allowing guests to, not only observe his genius, but become a part of the
• Guests move along projection-swathed walls wrapped in light and color that swirls and
dances as it focuses and refocuses into the flowers, buildings and landscapes of his
iconic artworks that have been freed from their frames.
• Monet’s art comes to life, appearing and disappearing, heightening guests’ senses and allowing them to become one with his spirited brush strokes.
• The almost 400 artworks include instantly recognizable classics, including “Water
Lilies,” “Impression, Sunrise” and “Poppies at Argenteuil.”
• Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience allows guests to join the artist’s quest to capture
and illuminate the ephemeral and magical variations of light shown throughout his
• The exhibit is produced by Paquin Entertainment Group.
• Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience was brought to life by the creative team at
Montreal’s world-renowned Normal Studio.
• Normal Studio developed the exhibit, incorporating Claude Monet’s own thoughts and words
into the narrative and musical score.
• Jean-Sébastien Coté is the composer of the original score that accompanies the immersive
ABOUT BEYOND MONET
• 400 ARTWORKS
Through the use of cutting-edge projection technology and an original score, Beyond Monet
breathes new life into over 400 of Claude Monet’s artworks.
• 30K SQUARE FEET
Occupying over 30,000 square feet, Beyond Monet is the largest immersive experience in the
country, offering guests ample room to safely enjoy the exhibit.
• 4T CONTENT PIXELS
Comprised of over 4 trillion content pixels, this high-resolution portrayal of Monet’s work gives
guests the opportunity to become one with his paintings.
WHEN: June 15 through July 31, 2022
• Sunday through Thursday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (last sale 8 p.m.)
• Friday & Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (last sale 9 p.m.)
WHERE: Hawaii Convention Center, 1801 Kalakaua Av., Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Organizers have confirmed that throughout its run, Beyond Monet: The Immersive Experience
will adhere to all local health-and-safety protocols and guidelines. These will be posted on the
website before and during the Honolulu engagement.
You must log in to post a comment.