On Monday, OCTOBER 29, 2012, the Hawaii Restaurant Association will induct a new group of individuals to the 2012 Hall of Fame. Those selected for induction into the Hall of Fame are individuals who have “demonstrated dedication and commitment to the growth of the restaurant and food service industry in Hawaii, contributed to the enhancement of its quality and image, and demonstrated service through outreach.”
Inductees, to be introduced at the evening’s gala celebration, to be held at the Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki are:
- Floyd and Doris Christenson, Mama’s Fish House, Paia, Hawaii
- Lyle and Grace Guslander (posthumous), Coco Palms Hotel, Kauai
- Hayashi Family, Pagoda Hotel & Floating Restaurant /Pacific Beach Hotel, Oahu
- John Heckathorn (posthumous), Honolulu Magazine
- Tom Jones, Gyotaku Japanese Restaurants, Oahu
- Harold and Nancy (posthumous) Manago, Manago Hotel, Captan Cook, Hawaii
- Harry Marn Sin Mau and Bat Moi Kam Mau (posthumous), Char Hung Sut, Oahu
- Russell Siu, 3660 on the Rise/Kaka’ako Kitchen, Oahu
- Teruya Family, Armstrong Produce
- Francis and Mary Tom (posthumous) and Family, Wailana Coffee House, Oahu
A highlight of the evening will be a dine-around with food stations hosted by seven distinguished Island chefs. The 2012 “Chefs of Aloha®” will include: Fred DeAngelo, The Grove; Ed Kenney, Town; Bob McGee, Whole Ox Butcher & Deli; John Memering, Cactus Bistro; Eddie Mizumo, Hawaii Prince Hotel; Ronnie Nasuti, Tiki’s Grill & Bar; and Lindsey Ozawa, Prima.
Festivities begin with the Dine-Around at 6:00 p.m. showcasing the culinary talents of the Chefs of Aloha®, and the “Hall of Fame” program to follow, with emcees Jo McGarry and A. Kam Napier.
Tables of ten are available for $3,000 and $1,500, and individual tickets are $200 each. Proceeds from the evening will benefit culinary students through the HRA’s Scholarship Program.
For more information or to make a reservation, contact the Hawaii Restaurant Association at 808-944-9105, firstname.lastname@example.org or online reservations at www.restauranthi.com http://www.restauranthi.com
Submitted by The Hawaii Restaurant Association, the professional association of the restaurant and food service industry in Hawaii.