REPORT FROM DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND TOURISM – The weekly unemployment statistics update is now on our DBEDT Internet site at: https://hawaii.gov/dbedt/info/economic/data_reports/unemployment
Shown below is a table containing this week’s unemployment data – initial claims filed as compared to the same week last year.
“Initial claims” initiate a determination of eligibility to begin a claimant’s benefit year (new claims) or subsequent period of unemployment (additional claims) within the benefit year.
Statewide initial unemployment claims decreased by 16.6%, with this week’s total filings of 1,874 and filings during the same week in 2011 of 2,246. Comparing 2012 to 2011 for the counties:
· Oahu had 136 fewer claims filed
· Hawaii had 73 fewer claims filed
· Maui had 118 fewer claims filed
· Kauai had 45 fewer claims filed
· Agent had no change in claims filed
In percentage changes, comparing the current week to the same week a year ago:
· Oahu had a 10.7% decrease
· Hawaii had a 16.8% decrease
· Maui had a 36.8% decrease
· Kauai had a 28.1% decrease
· Agent had no change
Well that’s good news.
Comments are closed.