HONOLULU — Hawaiian Telcom today unveiled its new brand, which reflects the company’s commitment to providing an “Always on” customer experience. Seeing bankruptcy emergence as an opportunity to reinvent itself and start with a new beginning, the company has launched a brand identity refresh. The new brand strategy speaks to the company’s new vision of becoming the number one service provider of innovative, “Always on” communication, information and entertainment solutions to the people and businesses of Hawaii.
Customers and Hawaii’s communities will begin seeing changes which capture Hawaiian Telcom’s newly created brand attributes, or personality traits: engaged, driven, local and reliable. To visually portray these attributes, several brand changes were made based on research and work that started over a year ago. “We are celebrating and retaining our company logo with the island arch but making it bolder and updating it from shades of blue and green to solid black, navy blue or white. We’ve also added new vibrant colors to our advertising palette, added Polynesian-inspired tattoos and will be showing photography that’s alive with active slices of local life,” said Eric K. Yeaman, Hawaiian Telcom’s President and CEO.
“Along with our renewed focus on providing our customers with superior service and solutions, our ‘Always on’ brand positions us on an upward trajectory,” said Yeaman. “We created this new brand to align with our commitment of always being there for our customers with reliability they can count on, being accessible whenever they need us, 24/7, and pushing innovation to provide faster speeds, more services and greater mobility. ‘Always on’ is focused on the future communication and service needs of customers.”
The company is investing millions on network and technology improvements to ensure greater reliability, faster speeds and superior service. Many initiatives have launched or are underway and include:
• Ongoing strategic investments in its fiber optic network enabling Hawaiian Telcom to introduce leading class business data services such as Routed Network Services and Enhanced IP Data Services. This will drive its market share of high-speed Internet through broader reach and enhanced speeds as well as form the backbone of its future “Next Generation” IP-based TV service.
• High-speed Internet upgrades of up to 25Mbps to existing customers in areas where homes are directly connected to the network via fiber optics. This provides higher bandwidth which provides a much faster online experience that helps customers with their busy lives.
• The launch of Business All-in-One, a voice over IP solution that unifies communication services on one IP connection offering customers a lower capital outlay and added simplicity, efficiency and productivity. Using Hawaiian Telcom’s state-of-the-art network, one converged connection delivers both voice and data services. Previously, businesses had to purchase these services separately.
• The launch of an enhanced dispatch system that provides frequent appointment updates to customers, allowing for shorter appointment windows and added flexibility to change or reschedule as needed.
• Enhancements to customer service like simplified customer billing (particularly for “bundled” customers who subscribe to multiple services), improvements in handling time for customer service and sales calls and the introduction of paperless billing.
• Launch of a media rich, customer-centric portal that allows customers to access their voicemail and email from anywhere, check and pay their bills safely and securely online, build and purchase a voice and broadband plan that fits their needs, download free anti-virus software from McAfee®, access top-flight live sports content from ESPN3.com, play games, get celebrity news and listen to music for free on hawaiiantel.net.
• The launch of HT University last year to provide business customers with the opportunity to learn more about emerging technologies and engage with Hawaiian Telcom’s technical experts. Nearly 200 customers attended the most recent session during which attendees had a choice of workshops on such topics as developing a social media policy, network convergence, and hosted VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) services for small businesses.
”Our new beginning, or as we call it, our Ho’omaka Hou, is just that: the start of a new Hawaiian Telcom. We look forward to providing innovations that make life a little better, a little easier for the people of Hawaii,” said Yeaman. “We’re up to the challenge and committed to delivering the ‘Always on’ service as promised in our new branding.”
Submitted by: Hawaiian Telcom Holdco, Inc., headquartered in Honolulu, is Hawaii’s leading provider of integrated communications solutions for business and residential customers. Originally formed in 1883, the Company offers a full range of services including voice, Internet, data, and wireless supported by the reach and reliability of its network and Hawaii’s only 24/7 state-of-the-art network operations center. With approximately 1,400 employees statewide sharing a commitment to innovation and a passion for delivering superior service, Hawaiian Telcom provides an “Always on” customer experience. For more information, visit www.hawaiiantel.com.