The weekly unemployment statistics update is now on the DBEDT Internet site here
Shown below is a quick look at this week’s unemployment data – initial claims filed as compared to the same week last year.
Statewide initial unemployment claims increased by 18.2%, with this week’s total filings of 2,223 and filings during the same week in 2010 of 1,881.
Comparing 2011 to 2010 for the counties:
· Oahu had 274 more claims filed
· Hawaii had 43 more claims filed
· Maui had 44 more claims filed
· Kauai had 22 fewer claims filed
In percentage changes, comparing the current week to the same week a year ago:
· Oahu had a 25.8% increase
· Hawaii had a 13.0% increase
· Maui had a 17.5% increase
· Kauai had a 14.5% decrease
That’ what High Speed Universities is all about, to further the education of students. They need more than a high school degree today, they need at least 2 years of college, preferrably 4, and then we’re going to work with communities so they can grow economically and create more jobs for our young people
Comments are closed.